Part-time: Library Assistant, Evening/Weekend
The successful candidate will report to the Library Director and will begin with 10 fixed hours per week with the possibility of additional hours. This is a part-time position with set, regular hours. The flexibility to work additional afternoon, evening and weekend hours as needed is desired.
- Monday 5pm-8pm
- Thursday 5pm-8pm
- Saturday 10am-2pm
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Handle all aspects of circulation, including check-out, check-in, processing of fines, new library card registration and renewal, and requests for materials
- Answer phone calls and provide simple assistance concerning library hours, location, services, and events
- Moderate, assist with and carry out evening programming
- Assist with registration for library programs
- Handle simple questions and provide assistance with internet access, library databases, and online catalog records
- Shelve books and non-print materials as required, and maintain order of shelved materials
- Retrieve items from outdoor book and media drops as necessary
- Assist with special events, including operation of a digital camera
- Communicate information to the director and other staff members via email, telephone or in person
- Attend occasional continuing education classes or workshops as recommended
- Other tasks as assigned by the library director
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic email
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to remember and carry out directions
- Ability to maintain work schedule
- Proficiency and interest in learning new skills
- Public library experience preferred
This position pays $12.00 per hour. We will accept applications for this position until it is filled.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Library Director Michael Maziekien, via at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and cover letters can also be delivered or dropped off at the library.
The Kenilworth Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are located at 548 Boulevard, Kenilworth, NJ 07033.